STL Science Center

STL Science Center

09 April 2015

Popularity of A Popular Taxa

It is not hard to say and show that Dire Wolves were, and continue to be, popular. The most popular outlets for Dire Wolves during my lifetime have been National Geographic (previously shown), collectible card games (of which Magic the Gathering's art was my favorite), and Game of Thrones. There were a lot of card games that hit on the idea of using the Dire Wolf as a character or some kind of card. The illustration for Magic was great though. Apparently it was also the title of a Grateful Dead song, but I had no previous knowledge of that. The fact that there was that much more than I knew or had been exposed to during all of the searches that I have done this week is not at all amazing given the expansive knowledge of Dire Wolves that is out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment